A while ago now, Dr Johnson popped round to help lift the 200TDi engine into The Duke.  This was by no means easy, but we managed it in the end!

We started work at 6pm and finally got the engine and gearbox mounted by midnight
In the subsequent couple of weeks I have been working on mounts for the alternator, adapters for the fuel pipes and a pipe to link the exhaust manifold to the petrol engine down pipe.  The exhaust pipe has probably been the biggest job, so here are some pictures...
In place on the engine. 
The exhaust adapter will do for a while, but I don't think it's a very elegant solution.  The diesel engine's exhaust port is about three inches further forward than the petrol, so the whole exhaust ended up getting pulled out of place.  This means that the back box is now fouling the chassis slightly, which may lead to noise in the cabin.

The best solution, I think, is to buy a new petrol down pipe then modify it to fit properly.  For the moment though, this will do.

Final picture is of the fuel pipe adapter I made for the fuel pickup.  This allows me to use 8mm hose all the way from the tank to the engine with no adapters and no need to modify any of the military tank connections.  Didn’t take long to knock this up on the lathe and I kept the old pipe in case I ever want to go back.

Fuel pipe adapter (the copper bit!)
Plenty more to do, including the alternator mountings, water pipes, electrics and so on.  Hopefully more updates soon!